Saturday, December 27, 2008

Business: Seasons of Opportunity, Followup...

Beyond our control...

Some interesting things happened since my last post.  Without an effort on my part, today, I know exactly what happened to the YouTube link I shared last year.  The musical sensation with which I was so taken with found themselves and their extremely popular video removed from the YouTube website all because of a third party copyright claim...OUCH!

Sometimes things will happen that are beyond our control.  Like so much of business and life it is not as important that it happened as it is how you will respond or maybe even react.  

A lost opportunity can quickly become a new opportunity.

I had given up...

As I shared previously "I didn't have a clue..." when it came to remembering the name of the group.  All I had was a link to YouTube that went no where.

Well, after I had written my previous post I pretty much let go of the idea that I would be able to share the link and the fabulous sound created by some amazingly gifted vocalists.   Life quickly went back to normal and then it happened.

Word of mouth is amazing...

My wife mentioned the group and how much her friend was enjoying the YouTube video, that's right "THE YOUTUBE VIDEO"!  I looked at her with complete confusion..."how is that possible?".  As I started to doubt myself (which we'll ignore for the moment...wink) she explained that she was sent a new link.

The new link included a new recording of the same song by the same group...the "Straight No Chaser" vocalists...enjoy...



Here is a second video short I'm sure you will enjoy just as much...


Time to put on your business hat...

Take a moment to consider what makes this group so popular?
How can you benefit from understanding what makes them so popular?
Finally, what action can you take today, to begin to build your popularity?

Remember, the power of "Word of Mouth" is HUGE!

To your success,

James Possible (Mr. Possible)

Possibility is not an accident, it's a choice!


No comments: