Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Business: Seasons of Opportunity

Are you paying attention?

This morning I spent some time going through my past emails...  

December 2007 

December 2006 

December 2005  

...and realized a couple things.

Is there a lesson here for you and I?

1. What "once was" doesn't always last...  

Last year I sent out a YouTube link that featured an amazing group of male vocalists.  Today as I clicked on the link YouTube tells me the video is no longer available...copyright blah, blah, blah. 

What a loss, here I sit wondering "what is the name of the group? is there another way to find them?"

I wasn't paying attention...

2. I noticed a pattern...  

Awareness is so important if you wish to change. Sometimes simply having the willingness to say it out loud, to acknowledge or even to just notice a habit or a thought can be enough to eliminate the frustration it once caused.  

If you've ever struggled with journaling just open your email and start going through the emails in your sent folder. Notice your subject lines, notice the seasons and notice what is old and today appears to be new.  

What will you notice?

Go ahead, take a moment to notice...

What's old?

What's new?

What's forgotten?

Accomplishments?

Celebrations?

...all are there for you to discover.

What opportunities will you see this holiday season?

Opportunity is always near. Being able to recognize opportunity takes practice and often means learning how to "pay attention".

What action will you take?

Paying attention is the first step, taking action will make a difference!

To your success,

James Possible (Mr. Possible)

Possibility is not an accident, it's a choice!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea! Although it's a scary thought to look back :) Sorry to have missed the call today - was wanting to share what's been happening with me since the call the week before. It opened up a lot of stuff for me (awareness) the good, the bad and the ugly! Awareness of where my resistance resides around some things is a young conversation.
Thank you James for all you provide. Sending you love and warmth for the holidays.
Jane